Heavy Oil & Oil Sands Surveying
Focus’ experienced project teams provide survey services to support every stage of large and small-scale heavy oil and oil sands exploration and development.
Working through our appropriate regional offices, our professionals provide a wide array of geomatics-based professional, technical and support resources, including survey crews and equipment, for projects in the Peace River, Athabasca and Cold Lake oil sands areas of northern Alberta.
- Core Holes and Access Roads for Oil Sands Exploration (OSE) Projects
- Dispositions, such as Water and Observation Wellsites and Access Roads
- Sump Sites and Camp Sites
- Water, Oil and Gas Pipelines
- As-Built, Topographic Surveys and Volumetric Surveys
- Engineering and Construction Surveys for Open Pit Mining, Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) and Upgrader Projects
- Disposition Plan Preparation for Crown Applications to Alberta Sustainable Resources (ASRD) and Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB)
- Remote Sensing, including LiDAR and Aerial/Satellite Imagery
- LiDAR and Remote Sensing Based Pre-Planning for Core Hole and Disposition Surveys
- GIS Data Management and As-Built Facility/Infrastructure Management
- Oil Sands Exploration (OSE) Plan Preparation
We are a leader with a proven track record in 3D mapping, planning and virtual surveying. Our See – Plan – Survey – Build approach is leading edge technology that provides our clients with real, measurable time and cost savings in a repeatable, regulator-approved framework.