3D Laser Scanning
Focus specialists leverage the latest 3D laser scanning technology.
We collect large amounts of data quickly, accurately, cost-efficiently and safely in all types of locations – including those that are too dangerous to survey with conventional methods.
3D laser scanning provides highly accurate proximity data that includes unparalleled detail. Focus specialists can collect as-built data for many types of structures, including piping, single vessels and entire plants, as well as topographies, including single and multi-lane roads, intersections and bridges. 3D laser scanning is also useful for a host of other survey and construction projects.
Laser scanning offers several advantages over traditional survey methods:
- Proven lower cost as-built and topographic surveys, due to faster data collection and shorter project cycle times
- Reduction or elimination of costly return visits to the site
- More accurate, complete as-builts for retrofit and design, enabling offsite fabrication and less construction rework caused by interferences and fit-up problems
- Reduced facility downtime, as a result of the unobtrusive scanning procedure
Scan data can be delivered via a complementary viewer, as 2D or 3D CAD, or in a variety of laser scan formats that can be manipulated by the client.
Areas serviced include:
- Industrial Plant Space
- Heritage and Archaeology
- Topographic Surveys
- Highways and Transportation Infrastructure
- Accident Investigation and Structural Failure
- Power Lines and Utilities